High Five for Friday

It's FRIDAY. Yes!  Probably seems silly that I get excited about it being Friday since I'm not working right now.  But, it DOES make a difference.  Since we got here I have spent the majority of my days looking for jobs, doing laundry, cleaning, and taking care of miscellaneous, but necessary, tasks (setting up cable/internet, searching for a bank, looking for a church, and trying to keep our tiny little hotel room clean). Not to mention, Friday means that the weekend is upon us, and weekends mean I get my husband for two entire days :)  Can't beat that!

Anyways, "High Five for Friday."  What?  On Fridays, I plan to post the highlights from mine and Neal's week. Feel free to share what you've been doing during the week also!

1. Neal and I reviewed our budget and we have WAY more money left over each month than we thought we ever would.  God is GOOD.  This means far less pressure on me to find a job immediately. (Although, trust me, I'm still looking!)

2. My Mom sent us a package this week and in that package she enclosed an eastern Virginia staple, OLD BAY. I am SO appreciative of this.  Now we can eat seafood the proper way :)


3. I got bored and decided to go to Joann Etc. (It's like Joann Fabrics and Michael's COMBINED, aka crafting HEAVEN!).  I made these easy peasy headbands for my soon-to-be-born niece, Kinslee :) Won't they look so nice on her precious little newborn head?

4. I drove up to the town just north of us, Poulsbo, to go to the bank. I got a little turned around and had to turn around in a Home Depot parking lot, at the top of a very steep hill.  When I turned around I looked up and had this PERFECT view of Mt. Rainier.  I took this with my phone so it's really faint, but still beautiful.  I love how it was almost 90 degrees where I was and yet the mountain was still snow-capped. GORGEOUS.

5. Since we'll be coming back to Virginia in the next couple of weeks to meet Kinslee, I wanted to take Cooper to the vet to make sure they don't have any weird vaccines he'd need in order to be boarded in a kennel here.  Sure enough, he needed a vaccine. He did awesome at the vet but has been pretty sleepy the rest of the afternoon. Poor guy.

So, this was our, okay, well, MY week.  What have YOU all been up to this week?!

Comments

Popular Posts