Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wedding Plans!

Neal and I are deep in the midst of wedding planning.  There are roughly four months left before the big day.  Exactly 128 days left from today.  So...what's going on, you ask?  LOTS!  First of all, let me say that I swear this has been WAY easier than everyone told me it would be.  I attribute that to two things: 1.) A fiance who actually wants to be involved and cares about the decisions made, and 2.) The fact that Neal and I rarely discuss wedding plans if we're not ready to make a decision.  We're really good at making decisions.  We're decisive.  I love this about us. LOVE IT.

Now...where are we with the plans?  We've made decisions on all of the big things.  We'll be getting married at Severn Church.  Neal's Uncle Billy, the pastor at Severn and our youth pastor as we were growing up, will be officiating the ceremony.  He's also leading us through our pre-marital counseling. I'll share more about our pre-marital counseling in a later post because IT.IS.AWESOME.  You can check out Severn Church here.  They also have a Facebook page, you can find that here. It's a wonderful church and we're blessed to be members here!  It's the perfect church for us to get married in.  My Dad wrote a song about Severn, he describes it as "the little white church down in Severn."  That's exactly what it is.  A little white church in Severn.  Perfect for us!

Next, reception.  Our reception will be held at Ware River Yacht Club; it can be found here.  We looked and looked and looked for a reception venue.  It felt that way at least.  Then, we set WRYC aside as our last resort because it's close enough to the church and it's cheap.  Well, we chose it!  After we looked and looked, we went back and visited WRYC and Neal and I both just fell in love with it.  One wall of the building is strictly windows....looking out over the Ware River.  It's beautiful!

You can go to our wedding website and check out who is in our wedding party...if you're curious :)

Wondering what our wedding colors are?  Here they are!  Well, these are our "main" colors.  We're using TONS of different shades of these colors.





I have allowed my bridesmaids to choose their own dresses.  I gave them a guideline of color with a paint chip I picked up from Home Depot.  I also requested it not be floor length and not have a pattern, just a solid color.  They were all thrilled to choose their own dress and while it has been a challenge I'm SO excited to see what each of my bridesmaids choose! :)

Speaking of dresses...check out these ADORABLE dresses I chose for my two flower girls to wear.  The flower girls will be my two nieces, Emmie and Taylor.  They're already adorable as it is.  In these dresses, it will be unbearable cuteness! :)



This is getting REALLY lengthy so I'll share more later.  We're getting down to the nitty gritty details at this point...this is where all the fun begins in my opinion :)

Thanks for sharing in all the days of our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment