Friday, April 27, 2012

Thankful

I mentioned that things have been pretty busy here recently.  Well, there's no sign of things slowing down anytime soon.  But, amidst all of this chaos I have found myself just really being thankful.  Not for the things I have, but for the people.  My fiance, my parents, the in-laws I'm gaining (siblings and parents), my friends, and mostly...my God for bringing all of these people into my life.

So..Sunday Neal and I signed a lease on a house that we LOVED.  It was perfect. It was the right size, the right price, the right location.  But...some things came up and we just couldn't make it work.  A LOT of unexpected expenses came up so we called the landlords and nullified the lease just four days after we had signed it.  In the midst of all of this my parents were a saving grace.  They were willing to do anything, and I mean anything, we needed them to do for us to get out of this lease.  Luckily the landlords decided to allow us to get out of the lease fee-free.  Amazing, right?  That's a God thing right there.

I've also become more and more thankful for my in-laws.  My mother-in-law hooked me up with this awesome babysitting job just 10 minutes from my apartment.  The baby is stinkin' adorable and the parents are just the sweetest people on Earth.  I love kids and while I work in a high school I miss the days when I taught pre-school and got to hug on babies and toddlers all day.  It's nice to spend some time with a cuddly 8-month old once a week :)  I've also grown close to my sister-in-law.  We've always been good friends but that's only increased as I've dated her brother.  Now that she's pregnant and I'm getting married we get to share in each other's journeys and it is so so great.  She's awesome and she and her husband are such an awesome example for Neal and I!

Some things have happened around me recently that have really made my grow even more appreciative of my fiance.  He lets me vent after nonsense has happened all day at work.  He comes over and cooks dinner for me when I'm just completely burnt out.  (He even does the dishes!).  He encourages me in SO many ways.  He loves me.  He prays for me.  And recently, the thing that has really stood out to me, is that he shares scripture with me daily.  He gets to work MUCH earlier than I do so he emails me and I get it when I come into work. He'll email me a passage that he's read so that I can read it too.  And vice versa.  It's so lovely.  I'm just so thankful to be marrying a man who digs into God's word and doesn't just keep it to himself but shares it with me.  It's just such an incredible blessing!

Take a few moments today, or this weekend, and think about who you are thankful for. Then...go tell them! :)

Thanks for sharing in all the days of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment